So after my first post featuring what I’ve been cooking and eating I’ve decided to give it another go but a little less healthy and bit bigger this time.
I guess first off I should explain that I’ve just gone back to the gym and so my appetite has grown and with it my want, no my need for experimentation with my food to keep it fresh and exciting (else I end up being all about Haribo)
So there I was at the gym, just powering through my workout knowing I had some chicken at home but not knowing what to do with it to make me really want to eat it. then it clicked! stuffed chicken is just the bomb but also so is chicken wrapped in bacon, it was all coming together, like a puzzle taking shape in my head, I knew what I had in the fridge (some chorizo and mozzarella cheese that I needed to use) that was gonna get in there but it needed something else, something to give some crunch and a bit of colour. I decided to wait and hit the shops on the way home.
So there I was stood in Tesco yet again. This time though I was armed with half an idea (better than usual) wandering through the varied isles and really not clicking with anything I was saved by Popeye’s favourite spinach, perfect for me and I can use it for salads, great, I was happy with that. But I still wasn’t satisfied, I needed somethings else, it needed something to take it to the next level It needed to be a sandwich, it needed to be the DADDY of all sandwich’s
Chilli cheese loaf is all that needs saying here!!!!!!!!!
So I get home and am all set to get this baby underway, all my stuff is ready on the side and I’m salivating pretty bad haha. fast forward to the finished beast and I’m not disappointed at all, the chicken is juicy and tender and I’m getting bursts of salty goodness from the chirizio and stringy lush bits of mozzarella.
Here’s how to get this in your life
2 x chicken breast
A couple of handfuls of baby spinach
Half a pack of chirizio
1 mozzarella ball, sliced
1 loaf of chilli cheese bread (or your personal favourite.)
4 rashers of smoked bacon.
- firstly slice along the chicken breasts, creating a pockets to fill it with goodness
- fill each pocket with a few slices of chirizio, 2 slices of the cheese and a handful of spinach
- wrap each in 2 rashers of smoked bacon
- wrap each loosely in tin foil and put in the oven at about 190 for a fan assisted for 30 minutes
- once the half hour mark is up unwrap the parcels to brown of the bacon and any melted cheese bake for a further 15 minutes
- while the last 15 is ticking along slice of a couple of slices from the end of the loaf (this allows for a bit of cruch to form) and slice the whioole loaf into a sandwich, butter if desired.
- once the chicken is cooked through remove it from the oven and place each whole breast in the sliced loaf, covering with some more chirizio and mozzarella.
- close the loaf and place a couple of chopping boards on top to squash it down for about 5 minutes.
- bake the whole thing in the oven for about 15 minutes
- remove, slice and enjoy!